Scheduled deployment "trigger" to promote existing release?

Background

We have a release process that moves from "CI" up through different environments and ends in "Beta" and then "Live".

The build artifacts in "CI" are generated by changes to the _master_ branch of our repository. Each of those builds generates a new build number.

To move from one environment to the next (e.g. "Beta" to "Live") is not automated. We manually click "Deploy", select the environment (e.g. "Live") and select the build version.

In other words, say version `1.5` is "CI" and `1.0` is in "Beta". When I want to move `1.5` to "Beta", I:

1. Click "deploy" button
  2. Select "Beta" from the dropdown
  3. On the next page, select radio option "Promote existing release to this environment"
  4. Select the build number `1.5` from the "Release" dropdown selection.

Question

How can I accomplish the steps described above using a scheduled trigger in the "Live" environment?

The "Trigger configuration" section only shows options related to the repository branches, not already generated build artifacts.

bamboo-timed-deploy.png

I do not want to deploy latest build from master or any other branch. I want to promote the build currently in Beta to Live.

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

Scheduled deployments are a popular feature request, but unfortunately not available yet - please watch and vote for the following related issues to further raise Atlassian's awareness of this requirement:

BAM-13517 is exactly it.  Thanks!

Glad it helps @William King - please also 'accept' my answer as solution via the checkmark on the left side so that it doesn't show up as unanswered anymore, thereby keeping others and myself focused on and motivated to assist with new questions :) - thanks!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Ops

Jira Ops Early Access Program Update #1: Announcing our next feature and a new integration

Thanks for signing up for Jira Ops! I’m Matt Ryall, leader for the Jira Ops product team at Atlassian. Since this is a brand new product, we’ll be delivering improvements quickly and sharing updates...

313 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you