Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving JIRA issue key and Fix version in a script task on Bamboo Server

Julio America October 21, 2019

Good Day Atlassian Community

I hope that you guys will be able to assist me.  I am busy building a continuous integration flow between Jira, Bitbucket Server and Bamboo Server for our releases and currently, I am running into some issues on Bamboo Server.

Bamboo Server details:

Bamboo version information

Version 5.11.1.1

Build number51117

Build date 4/28/16

On the Atlassian documentation portal, there are a couple of variables which has been listed which can be used on Bamboo Server. However, I am not getting any luck in substituting them on Bamboo Server.

The two which I am interested in is the "jira issue key" and "fixed version".

I would like to use them in my build plan on Bamboo Server however it does not seem to substitute the variables when running the build plan after triggering from a merge from Bitbucket Server.

I have tried simple echoes in a script task but it does not seem to resolve, see examples below:

echo "Issue Key: " ${bamboo.jira.key}
echo "Version: " ${bamboo.jira.version}
echo "Person Responsible: " ${bamboo.jira.username}

Neither of the above fields seem to be resolving and we are logging tickets on Jira with necessary fields.

Also all application links are intact between Jira / Bamboo / Bitbucket Server.

Please advise if there is a way I can resolve these values on Bamboo Server. I have resorted to developers putting in a input file with their commit to retrieve values on Bamboo Server but this is not ideal as it could lead to human error / finger trouble if they enter the wrong values.

Please Advise

Julio America

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events