Remote agent for multiple Bamboo servers

Hi All,

I have a production Bamboo server and a development Bamboo server and I would like to connect to a same remote agent host.  Is it possible?

I think I would need to install another remote agent on the same remote host (Linux) and with a different bamboo-agent-home location.  Is this the right way to do it?  Is there a better way?

Thanks for your inputs.

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Jay,

According to the documentation below:

You can have 2 remote agents running on the same machine if you do what you described:

Note that you can run multiple Bamboo agents on the same machine – you just need to provide a separate home directory for each agent installation.

However, you can't connect one remote agent to 2 different servers.

I hope that helps.

Best,
Thiago Bomfim
DevTools Support

Installed 2 remote agents in the same machine with separate bamboo-agent-home and started them both. They seems working fine with the 2 servers. Anyway, to be safe, I stopped one remote agent before doing any test.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,083 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot