Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permissions issues with viewing the details of a new stage with jobs created from specs

Ryan Mann
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 3, 2024

I have a working build configuration checked in with (Java) Specs on the master branch of my code, which has a single stage and a single job. I am attempting to break up the work into two stages. I am working on a branch from master, so that I can test the changes before merging them into master. I have added a stage (with a new key) before the existing stage, which has three jobs.

When the branch comes off the queue on our bamboo server, the new jobs are queued. I can see the "live activity log" for each of the new jobs, but when I click on the link for each job, I'm given an "access denied" error. After the job is complete, I cannot see the live activity view, or see the results of the build.

The same is not true for the pre-existing stage and job (which exist with the same keys in the master branch specs): that job I can click into and see the details about.

I even changed the user permissions (in the build specs) to make sure I have admin privileges, but makes no difference.

Is this simply because I'm working on a branch? Is there no way to create and test new stages or jobs on a branch without first defining them in master?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ryan Mann
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 3, 2024

I solved it by logging out of Bamboo and then back in again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events