Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our build plan seems not to include new files from a recent branch merge

Nicholas Aysen September 9, 2018

We have just merged a large project into our main development branch. 

Our source repository, on Bitbucket, has the files that we merged

image.png

However, our build plan on Bamboo doesn't seem to include these files. 

This is the first time we have included changes on our web project. Our other projects, being normal console applications, have new files all the time and they are always built.

I have checked the package that is built, and the files are indeed not there

image.png

Is there a way to include these changes in our build? As sated, they do exist on the repository but not on the build. They are there, just not on the finished product.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2018

Hi Nicholas,

It is difficult to know what is happening there since we don't have all the details, but I can share with you what would be my possible troubleshooting steps on this scenario:

1. Make sure the data is indeed in your development branch.
    Try to use the Windows or Linux terminal (avoiding Bamboo) to checkout the development branch and make sure the files will be there.
  2. If the files are there, check if Bamboo is checking out the files by adding a script task, right after the checkout script, to list all files or just navigating to the working directory folder (get the exact folder location from the build logs).
  3. If the files are not there:
    1. let's make sure Bamboo development branch is really the branch being built.
      1. If it is set on the default branch, check the plan repository configuration or the linked repository used depending on what is configured. The development branch should be configured there.
      2. If it is set on an extra plan branch, please check if the plan branch was not overwritten with a different source code branch.
  4. If build results you are checking are coming from an artifact, please check the artifact definition to make sure covers the copy of those extra files
  5. Try to refresh the repository cache (Cog icon >> Overview >> Repository settings)

I hope it helps.

Nicholas Aysen September 11, 2018

Hi. Thanks for the tips. It seems as though one of our devs commented out the actual build for that project, so it always took the last build, which of course doesn't include the files. Fixed that and the files are there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events