OnDemand products are very slow

Viewing page 2 of 2

41 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Brent Harrison June 6, 2014

We are new to Atlassian and I have tried it on Comcast 50Mb and at our new offices at 8Mb with the same dissapointment in slowness. Im seeing 10 second load times for pages. Ridiculous.

1 vote
Dustin Farris June 3, 2014

I recommend my peers against Atlassian onDemand products for this reason. I've migrated most of my projects away from Atlassian excepting one older project that I'll be moving away hopefully in the next month or so.

This has been a problem with Atlassian onDemand for years yet they do nothing to address it and put the burden and blame on the customer and their ISP.

1 vote
Abusix Info June 1, 2014

Same here in Germany and even on the West Coast it is is getting slower and slower. At some points it is not even possible to work with it anymore.

But as always when it comes to such problems Atlassian is happy to collect the payments, but it is not saying a word about what they plan. They probabaly don't plan anything about it!

Another dispappointed customer. :(

1 vote
Oskar Norin May 18, 2014

Atlassian, I think we need your input here?

What performance can we expect on the onDemand products? Tried to find something about response times on product description/license but would any result.

I understand that you can't warranty over the internet speed but at least to customers close to you and that you ISP have good connectivity to the rest of internet.

1 vote
Andrii Zamovskyi April 14, 2014

bump. Bought license more than 6 months ago. Jira works very slow.

I'm in SF Bay area

1 vote
Kirill Gurbanov March 16, 2014

Here's the traceroute from Russia where we face lags which make JIRA unusable: http://prntscr.com/31m0n9

1 vote
Rob Fleischmann March 12, 2014

We are currently evaluating JIRA Agile and very concerned about the performance. Some items don't load, while others can take up to a minute to load. We are located in Florida. Is the consensus that their cloud offering isn't a good solution? That we would need to invest in our own server to host the software?

0 votes
Kevin McManus 830-386-4722 January 23, 2015

any updates from Atlassian?

Jónas Tryggvi Jóhannsson January 26, 2015

This has been an ongoing issue for years apparently, we are regretting having selected the OnDemand suite over just the Github wiki and issues.

David Tonhofer January 26, 2015

Writing from the middle of Europe (105 ms and 9 hops away from the last visible router at the edge of atlassian.net, i.e. "xe-0-2-0-19.r06.asbnva02.us.ce.gin.ntt.net (129.250.203.90)"): While I can't say that the cloud solution is very fast it is not exceedingly slow either at the present time. A marked improvement from ~1 year ago for sure. It would be nice to have response time statistics by Atlassian so that there was something concrete and people could set expectations...

benjamingolba January 26, 2015

The problem is highly inconsistent. Right now it is fast for me as well, but during peak hours later it might be taking 15s to load. Still. Either way, we're planning to abandon the OnDemand service. Perhaps for a installation of JIRA, or another service. We will see.

Yves Berquin [Matrix Requirements] January 26, 2015

I agree with David Tonhofer above. For us it is working a lot better since a couple of months. 15 seconds is something we could occasionally see just once daily or so, I think when the css cache needs to be renewed, but it is usually much more like 1 or 2 seconds. The dashboards are still kind of slow, especially if you leave the activity stream. Our workaround for that is to have dashboards without activity stream for the frequent operations, and one with the activity stream when we need to take a look at that. Overall the experience has been much improved over time. (we are also in Europe, 120ms away from the servers)

0 votes
Sam Hearn December 7, 2014

Yes, I decided not to choose Atlassian after the slow performance issues. We shifted to YouTrack and although their user and permissions setup is a little painful, they have the speed and to be honest these days that's a huge priority for me. I don't expect to have to wait 15 seconds for a page load. 

Jiri Hana December 7, 2014

But they do not offer anything similar to Confluence (they actually use confluence themselves). I can live with slow Jira (we use the IDE to modify the issues), but the slowness of confluence is what is killing us. We like the integration between Jira, confluence and bamboo. But if atlassian considers 15s page load to be normal then it is probably time to move elsewhere, even if it means using independent products without such a nice integration.

Jónas Tryggvi Jóhannsson January 26, 2015

The Jira OnDemand integration to IDEs is also flaky - it constantly logs us out of Jira when we use it in the IDE. Atlassian acknowledged the bug, and closed it as a known bug that would be fixed in future versions.. still happening a year later.

0 votes
Alexey Krylov December 7, 2014

My ticket complaining about slow performance was just closed with the following comment:

Our Senior Engineers analysed the files and said that it looks fine, files are all loading under 15 seconds which is normal. The longest time is taken by the Activity Stream which is normal due it's nature and content data.

As for the error message you’re seeing on Activity Stream, it is a known issue and it has been reported at: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-37905. Please feel free to add yourself as a watcher to this report so you can get notified on future updates.

Sorry for not being more helpful. And lastly, dashboards can be slow depending on the gadgets they load, so please feel free to get back to us anytime you feel that issues are loading very slow with some har files so we can further verify

I had HAR files attached to the ticket showing the Dashboard and individual issues pages loading in well over 15 seconds Atlassian considers normal. When I initially opened the issue with support, they increased the amount of memory allocated to our instance, but we didn't see any change in performance.

Very disappointed. We were with Attalsian for over 5 years, and, unfortunately, we could only see performance degrading. 

0 votes
David Tonhofer September 4, 2014

Central Europe: during the day, JIRA seems slow like molasses, but Confluence is acceptable.

After office hours, JIRA actually becomes snappy!

Is this due to restricted resources on our OnDemand instance or a continent-wide effect?

0 votes
Rob Fleischmann March 12, 2014

We are currently evaluating JIRA Agile and very concerned about the performance. Some items don't load, while others can take up to a minute to load. We are located in Florida. Is the consensus that their cloud offering isn't a good solution? That we would need to invest in our own server to host the software?

0 votes
Umair Haroon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2014

Our company uses Jira downloadable one. We have it set up on a server in one location of the world and we access it from the other side of the globe. Performance is good.

We have no lag issues and perhaps its a better option for people experiencing slow performace. Just perhaps.

Paul Zehle March 2, 2014

This would be an option, but:

I don't want to spend time for server managing or regular updates (last week -> serious security issue for a lot of atlassian products).

This is why we bought the onDemand solution, this is why we pay for it and this is why we want to use is like any other service in the internet: with usual response times.

Hosting our own server is definitely not an option, at least in our point of view.

Umair Haroon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2014

Yes. Cloud hosting software performance by Atlassian should be good. No excuses stand here.

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2014

Self hosting or 3rd party hosting is another way to go if the OnDemand solution isn't for you.

Volker Scharnagl August 25, 2014

Here in Germany also very slow.

0 votes
René Mulder January 8, 2014

Unfortunately yes. However, the environment is workable since most of the delays is in the first access of the application. Once the cache is properly filled, the slowness is acceptable.

There is no difference however between the evaluation version and the paid subscription.

0 votes
hansdenbraber January 8, 2014

Hi Rene,

I'am also from the Netherlands. Do you still experience slow performance with the OnDemand solution? I'm in the evaluation version now.

Thanks for the response.

Regards,

Hans

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events