Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move bamboo projects from one instance to another

Alex Gabrielian November 11, 2015

Hi @James Giles IV,

I spoke to you at the Atlassian Summit last week regarding moving Bamboo projects/plans from one instance to another. You showed me that this could be done by simply exporting the projects using the UI into a .zip and importing it in the 2nd instance. However, this compresses ALL projects in the instance and with 18K+ plans in our instance, this would take some time. I was wondering if there is a way to do this project by project instead of everything at once.

I appreciate your response.

1 answer

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2015

Hello Alex,

Thank you for your inquire.

Unfortunately, the functionality you're requesting is not currently implemented in Bamboo. However, the same requested was already being raised and can be tracked here:

As mentioned in the ticket, the request above is a strong candidate on the top of our backlog.

My apologies that we do not have a solution for you at this time besides running:

1. the Export feature in Bamboo UI or
  2. database dump and backing up <bamboo-home> directory

Please, refer to the following documentation for further information:

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events