Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDAP Timeout after couple of hours

xeroxxx July 1, 2021

Hello,

I've running a Jira and Bamboo instance, both on separate servers, same network. Both point to an Active Directory via LDAP, identical configuration.

AD contains roughly 20 Users and 20 Groups.

Jira works flawless and Bamboo gets some trouble after couple of hours. I can authenticate without a problem after startup for some hours, but then I start getting a timeout. Jira still works fine.

LDAP users fail to authenticate with response timeout errors in logs in Jira server | Jira | Atlassian Documentation

Not using follow refereal.

Restarting the Software, not the server, helps. Any ideas what causes the timeout? DCs are still reachable of course.

2 answers

0 votes
xeroxxx July 13, 2021

Hello,

I reviewed all settings and everything is correct.

But I started a tcpdump when the error happens and I can see...nothing. There is no outgoing connection.

However ping to DC, nslookup to DC and telnet on 389 to DC works fine.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2021

@xeroxxx 

If the users in Jira and Bamboo are the same I would suggest just setting Bamboo up to use Jira as its directory.  Then you have one directory to manage. https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/connecting-bamboo-to-jira-for-user-management-952604122.html

Since you have them set up separately I would suggest reviewing all the LDAP settings. https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/integrating-bamboo-with-ldap-289277210.html  Pay particular attention to all your timeout settings and how often the sync occurs.  I have seen it when the sync occurs prior to the other completing eventually the thread gets stuck and everything begins timing out.  You should also check the logs and see if there are any specific LDAP errors.

xeroxxx July 13, 2021

Sry, I actually wanted to reply over here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events