Jira OnDemand with standalone/download/local Bamboo

Hello,

I would like to ask if and eventualy how to use Atlassina OnDemand WITHOUT Amazon EC2. We would like to use our own Bamboo server either:

- Bamboo OnDemand + remote agent installed on our server

or

- Bamboo standalone linked to our Atlassina OnDemand

Is there any way to do it? Does eventualy Atlassian offer using Bamboo OnDemand with some other hosting service such as Hetzner instead of expensive Amazon services?

Thank you

4 answers

1 accepted

It is now possible to link a self-hosted Bamboo instance to JIRA OnDemand with OAuth applinks (here's an example with JIRA and FishEye). We recommend that people use this option if they do not wish to use Amazon Web Services for their agents.

Bamboo will need to be accessible on HTTP through port 80 or HTTPS on 443. You can potentially use IP restrictions to lock your Bamboo instance down further if desired.

Please note that the only functionality this will provide in OnDemand is the ability to use the Bamboo gadget - the Bamboo plugin is only for Bamboo OnDemand licenses.

Altassian Folks,

Bamboo on demand is useless if you do not allow people to register their own remote agents...

There is a growing number of services that provide a full development env much richer than amazon. If I use such an env, I don't want to be forced to go to amazon for CI?

I also don't see any technical reason for not supporting this. Secure endpoint for remote agents to connect...

This is a huge dispointment...

Unfortunately, the answer is no to all of those combinations. Bamboo OnDemand is only configured to use EC2 (it is a restricted function with Bamboo).

Well, not sure then. There is a similar post where another Atlassian employee says that it should be possible or you (Atlassian) can make it possible. Can you please clarify it?

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/29700/can-bamboo-download-integrate-with-jira-ondemand

You can use Bamboo standalone in a limited way with OnDemand. Specifically you can have your standalone Bamboo use OnDemand's SVN server. However, there is no integration beyond that (e.g. no standalone Bamboo -> JIRA OnDemand integration).

Micheal, is there no way to have standalone Bamboo (latest GA) authenticate users against OnDemand deployment (via Crowd and/or LDAP?)

Unfortunately not. OnDemand's Crowd is locked down to requests from outside the container.

0 vote
Jeff Curry Atlassian Team Feb 15, 2013

One limitation is your Bamboo server must not utlize a self-signed certificate as we are unable to add additional certificates in OnDemand

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,096 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot