Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA and Bamboo Application links connected but do not work properly

Utku Kamacı May 13, 2019

Hello,

One of our customer's JIRA and Bamboo instance connected by using oauth impersonation.

In bamboo instance when we launch Issues tab. It receives issues but does not redirects to JIRA when we click them. Same happens when we click on JIRA side.

It outputs for bamboo:

Page not found
An unexpected error has occurred
Could not find the 'PFV-115' build

As for JIRA:

Authenticate to see related commits

Please log in to approve this application: Stash.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
When we click to Stash link to approve it says:
Welcome to JIRA
The request token you are trying to authorize is not valid. Please try another token. (Close this dialog, then go back to the site requesting access and tell it to try again.)

Also if we use oauth not impersonation it continues to say token error and does not even show the issues on bamboo side.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2019

Hi @Utku Kamacı

Let me list a couple of things I would check if I had this issue:

1. Check if the application URL is configured correctly for each server. This could result in one server not properly referencing another. 
    JIRA:  Configuring the Base URL
    Bamboo: Specifying Bamboo's URL
    Bitbucket: Specifying the base URL for Bitbucket Server
  2. Assuming there is a reverse proxy in front of any of those servers and this issue is related to it. I would check this document:
    Specifying the base URL for Bitbucket Server - Atlassian Documentation
  3. If any configuration changes were performed I would try to recreate the application links and try again.
  4. If the problem persisted, I would check the server logs to get more details on the error or previous errors that could be indirectly causing this one.

Let me know if those checks help and if not please check the server logs and share what errors you see there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events