JIRA Bamboo Plugin can't be enabled

I'm running Bamboo 4.4.5 and JIRA 5.2.10.

When I try to enable JIRA Bamboo Plugin 5.1.6, Bamboo throws the following exception. The link in the error message links to a nonexisting Confluence page.

I would appreciate any ideas how to resolve this issue.

Br,

Antti

2013-04-18 11:54:29,880 ERROR [qtp827070797-158797] [OsgiPlugin] Detected an error (BundleException) enabling the plugin 'com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.bamboo' : Unresolved constraint in bundle com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-bamboo-plugin [63]: Unable to resolve 63.0: missing requirement [63.0] package; (&(package=com.atlassian.jira)(version>=5.0.0)). This error usually occurs when your plugin imports a package from another bundle with a specific version constraint and either the bundle providing that package doesn't meet those version constraints, or there is no bundle available that provides the specified package. For more details on how to fix this, see http://confluence.atlassian.com/x/1xy6D</span<>>

2013-04-18 11:54:29,881 WARN [qtp827070797-158797] [OsgiPlugin] Unable to enable plugin 'com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.bamboo'

com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.container.OsgiContainerException: Cannot start plugin: com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.bamboo

at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin.enableInternal(OsgiPlugin.java:445)

at com.atlassian.plugin.impl.AbstractPlugin.enable(AbstractPlugin.java:237)

at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.PluginEnabler.actualEnable(PluginEnabler.java:114)

at com.atla...

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi,

The JIRA Bamboo plugin is actually not a Bamboo plugin but a plugin that should be present in JIRA only. The plugin is shipped in to JIRA by default. You can therefore remove this plugin from Bamboo altogether. In other to that, try the following:

# Shutdown Bamboo

# Remove the plugin jar from the {{$BAMBOO_HOME/plugins}} directory

# Restart Bamboo

This should fix the issue and Bamboo should be working seamlessly with JIRA.

Regards,

Sultan

Thanks, this of course fixed the problem. :)

same here. Wonder how the jar got in there tough... Upgrading from 4.4.5 to 5.3...

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,096 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot