Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way of displaying variables as dropdown in customised builds (plugin or native)?

Milcho_Milchev
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 25, 2018

When we are doing a custom build in Bamboo, we get the following dialog:

https://gyazo.com/96986cf31478b30ec3c81764d3fbb08b

It's great that we can customise variables, but is there any way to restrict what goes into the text field? Or even better, is there any way for the 'build-user' to select from a list of options instead of having to type the correct string?

If there isn't a native way of doing this, are you aware of a plugin that can do this perhaps?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2018

Unfortunately Bamboo does not yet provide an advanced UI to guide users through custom build parameters, and I'm also not aware of any app that is able to offer a solution similar to what's available in Jenkins for example - please watch and vote for the following issue to further raise Atlassian's priority for this long standing feature request (its workflow status is 'under consideration' at least):

Milcho_Milchev
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 26, 2018

Thanks. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the issue

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events