Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to run only selected Stages in Bamboo

Bharath November 20, 2018

I have a requirement to run only a few selected stages. Is this possible with Bamboo 6.6.2

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2018

Hi @Bharath,

We have two options for stages considering the way the are triggered:

1. Automatic: The stage runs right after the previous one was run.
  2. Manual: The stage will run only if it is directly triggered.

You can achieve your goal by configuring some of the stages to be manual and others to be automatic, in order to match your needs.

(i) Stages are run in sequence, so they cannot be skipped unless they are disabled.

From the UI

Any time a build plan is triggered all automatic stages will be run until a manual stage is reached. Once the build is partially run you will be able to trigger manual stages through "Run customised" option or by clicking the play button on them.

From REST

Some options to trigger them:

Creating a new build (POST), running all stages (automatic and manual ones):

curl --user <USER>:<PASS> -X POST <BAM_URL>/rest/api/latest/queue/PROJ-PLAN?executeAllStages=true

Creating a new build (POST), running the manual stage 'manualstage2' but only after all preceding stages are run (either automatic or manual ones):

curl --user <USER>:<PASS> -X POST <BAM_URL>/rest/api/latest/queue/PROJ-PLAN?stage='manualstage2'

Resuming the build 10 (PUT), with automatic stages already run and some pending manual stages:

curl --user <USER>:<PASS> -X PUT <BAM_URL>/rest/api/latest/queue/PROJ-PLAN-10?stage='manualstage3'

I hope that helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events