Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I upgrade to JDK 1.8 for my Bamboo server, do I need to upgrade the JDK for all of my remote agents as well?

Jordan Packer April 14, 2015

I want to take advantage of the JDK 1.8 support with the latest version of Bamboo (5.8.1), but does this mean I should also upgrade the JDK for all of my remote agents?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2015

Hello Jordan,

Thank you for your question.

In order to avoid problems, it is recommended to run Bamboo server and remote agents using the same JDK major version.

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

Jordan Packer April 15, 2015

Would I need to wait until my instance of Bamboo had been upgraded though? So that the remote agents also get automatically upgraded? I would assume that since the support for Java 8 was just released, I wouldn't want to change the Java version on the remote agents until they had been upgraded? (I hope that makes sense, lol)

3 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2015

You don't need to update your remote agents. Currently, Atlassian's cloud platform also runs on a mix of Java 6 and 8.

But please schedule an upgrade - new releases of all Atlassian's product will become J8-only this year.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events