Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use "Run Bamboo jobs in Docker"

Michał Szymański August 24, 2019

Hi,
After 2 years I've returned to Bamboo and I've decided to use new (at least for me) functionality - "Run bamboo jobs in docker". But I do not understand how to use it.

I would like to start Java compilation in openjdk:8 image. I've configured a job to run in docker but how to properly execute a command in such docker, should I use Script task and "docker run ..." or is it a better way?

Michal Szymanski

1 answer

1 vote
edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2019

Hi @Michał Szymański ,

Under job configuration, there is a Docker tab where if you specify the image then the build will run inside that image.

Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 7.27.56 AM.png

Documentation: Docker Runner

Michał Szymański August 26, 2019

What do you mean by 'build', I've configured job as you showed and I've created one test 'script' task that had one command 'hostname' and I've got name of host name not docker container. 

Should I use 'special' task that can be run inside docker image?

Michal 

edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2019

Yes, the task. But to run this task in a Docker container, you'll have to specify an image in the Docker tab. As shown in the screenshot.

Michał Szymański August 26, 2019

Strange when I execute script with hostname it showed host name not docker name but when execute 'java -version' it showed java from docker :) Simply it works :) Thank you :)

Like edwin likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events