How to send customized mails

Monica July 13, 2018

How to send customized mails from task configuration

1 answer

0 votes
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 16, 2018

Hi Monica,

If your intention is to modify the content of your Bamboo notifications that sends email updates upon build success/failure, you can do so for each of the notification types as below.

The notification templates reside in WEB-INF/classes/notification-templates/

All you need to do is to copy the respective notification template into the {BAMBOO_HOME}/templates/notification-templates folder and make changes to them accordingly.

This is explained in this page.

If you wanted to send emails from a script task within your plan, you can do so with the respective mail agent like below:

echo "Subject: sendmail test" | sendmail -v user@email.com

Monica July 16, 2018

Hi Jeyanthan,

Is there any possible way to change the predefined events which appears under Add notification option?

Other one is, I have tried the inline script task method but no luck. How to configure sendmail and the smtp server for this.

Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2018

Hi Monica,

Is there any possible way to change the predefined events which appears under Add notification option?

You can only use the notification options available in your plan configuration  explained here.

Other one is, I have tried the inline script task method but no luck. How to configure sendmail and the smtp server for this.

Configuring sendmail can be found on their documentation. Googling it for your operating system should give you more practical steps on how to set this up.

Once configured, you may test it outside Bamboo via command prompt and then use the same using a script task within your plan.

Monica July 23, 2018

Hi Jeyanthan,

Thanks for your answer. I have another doubt of adding cc for mail notifications. Is there any possible way to add cc recipient for the mail notification. 

Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
July 24, 2018

Hi Monica,

There is no option to CC someone in a notification. You may have to add this user manually to the Notifications section in the respective Plan configuration, so that they are notified on the events you have configured.

Monica July 25, 2018

Thanks for your suggestions Jeyanthan

Monica July 26, 2018

Hi Jeyanthan,

We couldn't able to send mails to external DLs. How this can be done. Provide some input on this as well.

Thanks,

A.Monica

Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
August 1, 2018

Hi Monica, You may have to contact your system administrators for this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events