cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate local bamboo users to LDAP users keeping usernames

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2016

Hi

I want to start using our LDAP directory instead of the local bamboo user dirctory. All users have the same username as their AD equivalent. For Confluence and JIRA this works perfectly but apparently Bamboo behaves in a different way:

According to the documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo059/integrating-bamboo-with-ldap-800858652.html

Ensure that you do not have duplicate users in your LDAP directory — If you have users in your LDAP directory that are also on Bamboo, the first repository definition in your atlassian-user.xml file will take precedence.

= When configuring an LDAP directory in Bamboo the exisitng local users may not have the same usernames as in LDAP.

How can I migrate the local users to the LDAP directory by keeping their permissions etc. ?

Currently I set both configurations in atlassian-user.xml and when I search for my user  both the local user and the AD user appear in the AD groups and not in the local groups. When I switch the order of the directories in the configuration both appear in the local groups. Again, i JIRA and Confluence this works differently which is a pain

1 answer

0 votes
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2016

I solved this by:

• setting the Hibernate directory as first directory in the xml config.
  • Added a new local admin user. (In case of AD problems)
  • Wrote down the group memberships for each user
  • Deleted each user
  • set the LDAP directory as first in the xml config
  • added the users to their original group memberships

TODO: figure out how to remove the local "super admin" user

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events