How to display Bamboo Wallboard in a grid

I have Plan branches enabled, so it automatically detects a new branch pushed to GitHub and builds it, that works fine.

But the Wallboard only fits 4 on, as each one displays in a large horizontal block all away across the screen, so when I have many builds the last go off screen.

This is how they currently show (but when more builds are running, it cannot fit them all on)

94a0efab-26da-4c2b-b9b2-3076fa3b5976.png

How do I get it to display many builds horizontally in a grid like in the screenshots?

As shown on here on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Displaying+the+wallboard

BambooWallboard.png

And https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Using+plan+branches#Usingplanbranches-wallboard

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Ok, found out myself, after finding this open ticket https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-2188

The solution for me was that the count of number of builds > 6 was too large, so changed to 3 and it works fine.

For reference, update "telemetry.ftl" :

[#if buildsToList.size() > 0 && buildsToList.size() < 3]
        [#assign buildWidth = "100%"]
    [#elseif buildsToList.size() > 4 && buildsToList.size() < 9]

This widget could not be displayed.

Hello Ian,

Thank you for your question.

When visiting "Plan summary >> Actions >> Branch Wallboard" you will be presented with the following URL:

[BAMBOO-BASE-URL]/telemetry.action?filter=showPlanAndBranches&amp;planKey=[PROJ-PLAN]

In order to view the information horizontally, please hit the following URL as the same will not display only the [PROJ-PLAN] as the URL above gives you in response:

[BAMBOO-BASE-URL]/telemetry.action

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

I obviously was not very clear, so have slightly updated my question, I want to display them in a grid.

Is it possible to get this view in a Jira gadget? Currently the Bamboo Plans gadget only shows selected or favourited plans but this doesn't seem to include branches.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

135 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you