Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure bamboo plan to trigger on the default repo only

Doug Wikle May 20, 2015

I am setting up a Bamboo build plan which has two repositories.  One is for the source, the 2nd repo holds some build scripts that are common across many build plans.  I want to have the plan build automatically when the source repo is committed to.  If I set the plan to use the 'Stash Repository Triggered' option, the plan is building when either repo is committed to.  I don't want the plan to build if the script repo changes.

Is there a way to set up the plan so that it only triggers of off a single repo?  It appears that if I use the Polling trigger I could select only one repo to poll, but I'd like to still use the Stash hooks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2015

Hello Doug,

Thank you for your question.

You could use "Exclude changesets" where you can enter a regular expression to match the commit messages for changesets that should not start a build.

Please, refer to Linking to source code repositories - Stash documentation for further information.

Alternatively, you could create two plans and make one dependent from another.

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

Doug Wikle May 21, 2015

I set the "Exclude changesets" on the repo to .* to ignore everything. That seemed to do the trick. It would be nice to be able to control which repos trigger the plan, similar to how repos can be selected for polling.

Christopher Fitzner December 1, 2016

Hi Doug, is this still working for you?  I have Exclude changesets set to .* and its still building on the other repo I have listed.  Also, what version of bamboo are you on?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events