Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is deployed artifacts handled by expiration logic?

Johan Ferner March 9, 2015

I have a number of artifacts (unit test results, system test results) in build plans and I am using deployment plans.

Will the artifacts in the build plans expire if an artifact from that specific build is deployed to any environment?

I would like Bamboo to never expire the build results that are actively deployed.

1 answer

0 votes
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2015

Hello Johan,

According to this document the artifact expiry date is calculated this way:

• If there is no release associated with the build result, then use the build result creation date.
  • Otherwise, if the build result has never been deployed, then use the creation date for the latest release that refers to it.
  • Otherwise, use the creation date for the latest deployment.

If the age of the build or deployment artifact is equal to or greater than the Expire after age, then it is deleted when the expiry event occurs (assuming artifacts are configured for deletion).

In that same document it is also mentioned that if you want to keep specific build results, regardless of expiry date, you can add labels to your builds and specify these labels in the Keep builds with the following labels field.

If this answer was helpful, please allow me to ask you to mark my answer as accepted in order to have it in the top of the thread, also helping other customers.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Felipe Kraemer

Kristian Svensson June 7, 2019

Hi,

I'm reading the documentation, and I still do not feel assured that that following is true:

"If a release is deployed and deployment expiration is set to keep latest 2 deployed builds, is the build that the release is created from protected from being removed?"

Can you please confirm Yes or No to this question.

Regards,
Kristian

Tarun Sachdeva January 23, 2020

Hi Felipe. Are keep forever labelled builds counted in the minimum builds to keep count? 

Example: My keep forever builds are 15 at present and my minimum builds to keep value is configured 20. So, can I have only 5 (20-15) builds besides keep forever builds or can I have 20 minimum additional builds?   

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events