How do you notify users when you need to take Bamboo down for maintenance?

I want to email my Bamboo users when the server is being taken down for maintenance, but I don't see any built-in way to do this. It would be tedious and time consuming to try and copy all of their addresses into an external mail program.

Does anyone have a creative solution?

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote
This is pretty creative if you're on Unix:

for i in $(seq 0 25 200); do curl --user user:pass "http://bamboo/admin/user/viewUsers.action?startIndex=$i"; done | grep @ | grep -v \" |xargs mail -s "Bamboo Server is going down in 10 minutes"

You can also write a plugin that does it. Accessing Bamboo User database and mail service in a plugin is quite easy. I don't think it would take more than 10-15 lines of Java code to do this.

If you administrer your users with Jira (Administration->Security->User Repositories), you can send email users or groups in Jira's administration interface. (Administration->System->Email...)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Thursday in Marketplace Apps

You + one app + a desert island...

Hi all! My name is Miles and I work on the Marketplace team. We’re looking for better ways to recommend and suggest apps that are truly crowd favorites, so of course we wanted to poll the Community. ...

123 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you