How do you get overwritten parameters for a Bamboo build via REST?

I can see that there is a section labeled "Overwritten parameters" on a Bamboo build summary page when someone ran it with the "Run Customized" option. Can I get the overwritten parameters using Bamboo's REST API when querying build results?

1 answer

1 accepted

Hello Brent,

I think you can't get overwritten parameters using REST API yet. Though I'd say it shouldn't be hard to add such functionality into Bamboo. Brent, in case no other answer appear here, can I ask you to raise an issue on jira.attlassian.com (and ping me up, for example by leaving a comment here)?

regards,

I know this is highly unorthodox and potentially dangerous, but is there a table I can look at in the Bamboo database that shows the overwritten variables for a build? I looked at the usual suspects like BUILDRESULTSSUMMARY and couldn't find anything. But maybe that information is there, but just burried or not in an obvious column.

It's stored in a separate table, the VARIABLE_SUBSTITUTION table. But pls, if somebody from Atlassian asks I hadn't told you that, OK?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,096 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot