Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I properly handle secrets with Bamboo 6.2 onwards

Ishika Khanna July 26, 2019

In Bamboo versions which support Specs, how do I correctly handle secrets in my build plans? Storing them in plain text in the repository seems like bad practice.

5 answers

0 votes
Capcut Template
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 28, 2024

As a user of Bamboo 6.2 and beyond, I've found the platform to provide robust and flexible solutions for handling secrets, ensuring the security of sensitive information in CI/CD pipelines...

0 votes
Sophia Amelia August 20, 2021

I am also looking for a solution to the same problem.??

0 votes
Boris Van Hardeveld
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 24, 2020

@Ishika Khanna @leozilla @howt723 It seems like an identical question has been asked before at https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bamboo-questions/How-do-I-properly-handle-secrets-with-Bamboo-6-2-onwards/qaq-p/679896

Please have a look at the discussion over there. In particular, https://marketplace.atlassian.com/1221965 might interest you.

0 votes
howt723 January 28, 2020

I have the same question. Does anybody get the solution?

0 votes
leozilla October 17, 2019

I am using bambo 6.10 and have exactly the same question.

When naming them something like "password", "secret" bamboo does automatically treat them as secret data, which is good but you cannot access those values in script files which is a real problem.

One workaround is to inject them manually again via a InjectVariablesTask:

```

new ScriptTask()
.inlineBody(format("echo 'dev_secret_access_key='${bamboo_aws_dev_secret_access_key} >> %s", AWS_PROPS_FILE)),
new InjectVariablesTask().path(AWS_PROPS_FILE).namespace("aws"),
new ScriptTask().inlineBody("rm " + AWS_PROPS_FILE)

This works but its very tedious and ugly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events