Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I properly handle secrets with Bamboo 6.2 onwards

Edited

In Bamboo versions which support Specs, how do I correctly handle secrets in my build plans? Storing them in plain text in the repository seems like bad practice.

4 answers

0 votes

I am also looking for a solution to the same problem.??

0 votes
Boris Van Hardeveld Marketplace Partner Feb 24, 2020

@Ishika Khanna @leozilla @howt723 It seems like an identical question has been asked before at https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bamboo-questions/How-do-I-properly-handle-secrets-with-Bamboo-6-2-onwards/qaq-p/679896

Please have a look at the discussion over there. In particular, https://marketplace.atlassian.com/1221965 might interest you.

I have the same question. Does anybody get the solution?

I am using bambo 6.10 and have exactly the same question.

When naming them something like "password", "secret" bamboo does automatically treat them as secret data, which is good but you cannot access those values in script files which is a real problem.

One workaround is to inject them manually again via a InjectVariablesTask:

```

new ScriptTask()
.inlineBody(format("echo 'dev_secret_access_key='${bamboo_aws_dev_secret_access_key} >> %s", AWS_PROPS_FILE)),
new InjectVariablesTask().path(AWS_PROPS_FILE).namespace("aws"),
new ScriptTask().inlineBody("rm " + AWS_PROPS_FILE)

This works but its very tedious and ugly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bamboo

Bamboo Data Center 8.1 is now available

G’day Bamboo customers, Bamboo DC 8.1 is now available with it the following features and programs: SAML 2.0, OpenID Connect, and Crowd SSO In order to help admins with a simplified user manage...

166 views 0 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you