Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i control how frequently a plan is triggered ?

thomas_ricaud October 10, 2018

Hi all,

I have 352 bamboo plan building small component of an application.

We are currently setting up dependecies inside all of them to rebuild the entire tree each time a component is modified. 

The issue we're afraid of is too trigger the main top component too often and to keep building it constantly.

Is there a way to have a tempo to build it only every 30 minutes and not more for exemple ?

Thanks for your input.

1 answer

1 vote
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2018

Hello @thomas_ricaud,

You could make use of Cron-based scheduling and set a cron to run a plan / branch every 30min, for instance.

Regarding on dependencies, perhaps you should consider playing around with the feature on a testing environment before applying the configuration in production, and once you are happy with the workflow, the you could "migrate" those settings into production.

Kind regards,

Rafael

thomas_ricaud October 11, 2018

so my plan at the "top" of the food chain should not be triggered by any parent plan and i should have a schedule triggering on my "top" plan

but is there a way to have the parent/child triggering relationship and to prevent the "top" plan to run more often than once every 30 minutes ?

that way if there is zero commit during 5hours there is no useless run of the plan.

rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2018

Then, you should be looking at Polling the repository for changes in which you have the option to trigger a build only when changes to repository are made. Please, notice in this triggering option you have Periodically (every X seconds) and Scheduled (defined by cron).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events