Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use Bamboo on Windows to checkout Unix-style?

Volker Rückel July 16, 2018

Hello,

I'm working as a consultant on a project using Bitbucket and Bamboo (both installed on Windows). Neither did I install the tools, nor do I have direct access to the installation, but I can make requests for config changes. Here's the problem:

I need to build an artifact which is supposed to be used on a Linux machine. While I can properly checkout text files using Git Extensions (with core.autocrlf=input) on my local(!) Windows machine and verify that in the repo the files have Unix-style line endings (LF), the artifact produced by my Bamboo build plan (using "Source Code Checkout" task) contains Windows-style endings (CRLF), which breaks my deployment process on the Linux box.

How can I influence the behaviour of the "Source Code Checkout" task in my build plan to enforce Unix-style line endings (like setting core.autocrlf to input or false)?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2018

Create .gitattributes file in the repository with the following content:

* text eol=lf
Volker Rückel July 26, 2018

Thank you so much! So far I only considered only git config, but your solution is just perfect for my case, appreciate it!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events