Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I configure a project to allow only one of its plans to run at a time?

Craig Thayer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 8, 2013

I'm new to Bamboo and have been given the task of preventing a build plan from running in a project if any of the project's other build plans are running. For example:

The project has 4 plans: A, B, C, & D. Plan C is common to A and B and A and B are configured with the parent C dependency and C is configured with A & B children. Plan D is not dependent on any of the other plans. All plans are triggered to build upon any git source check-in. However, only one of the 3 related builds (A, B or C) can run at any given time else the builds fail. I believe their sequential building is handled by the dependency triggers, but it is not handled if, say, 2 of the 3 plans are kicked off by near simultaneous check-ins.

We're using Bamboo 4.4.

1 answer

0 votes
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2013

Hi Craig,

Maybe you're looking for Plan Build Dependencies?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Setting+up+plan+build+dependencies

I hope this helps!

Craig Thayer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 16, 2013

Thanks Felipe. I previously read that section and verified the build plans were setup with the child blocking if the parent had changes or was building or queued. However, I requested more information and feedback from the developer who reported the issue to make sure I'm not misunderstanding their problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events