General Question About OnDemand Capability

I'm recently getting back into Bamboo and would like a clarification on capability. I do not think what I need is possible in OnDemand, however I think it's possible with Bamboo with some plugin(s).

I will be deploying a PHP app to EC2 and would like to know whether Bamboo can handle push-button (automated, scripted) deploys. My understanding after reading through the blogs, forums, and user manuals is that OnDemand would not be suitable for this application. However, using Bamboo with something like DeployIt would work.

Can someone confirm or correct the above assumptions?

2 answers

0 votes

If you need a 3rd party Bamboo plugin for your deployment, you can't do it with OnDemand. Other than that (scripted deployments using custom/3rd party tools) there should be no difference between OD and Standalone during deplyments.

Hi Przemek,

Thanks for responding so quickly. I realize OnDemand cannot use third party plugins, hence my general question of whether Bamboo (OnDemand or otherwise) can deploy to EC2 without 3rd party plugins.

I guess it boils down to - it appears Bamboo would be able to deploy to EC2 (when I say deploy I mean a staging or production instance of the application) based on reading the blogs however I cannot find a clear answer in the documentation. Could you possible point me to the appropriate materials so I can begin trying to demo this internally?

Cheers,

Luke

It all depends how you perform your deployment. If you have it scripted or run a 3rd party app to do it, you don't need a plugin - you can execute scripts or 3rd party applications using standard Bamboo Tasks - OnDemand or not.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Ops

Jira Ops Early Access Program Update #1: Announcing our next feature and a new integration

Thanks for signing up for Jira Ops! I’m Matt Ryall, leader for the Jira Ops product team at Atlassian. Since this is a brand new product, we’ll be delivering improvements quickly and sharing updates...

326 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you