Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ensure that commits deployed to any production stack are tested by primary build

Nagendra Patel December 5, 2023

Before deploying any branch to the production stack, the primary build should be passed.

1 answer

1 vote
Shashank Kumar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2023

Hello Nagendra,

Welcome to Atlassian community.

In Bamboo when you use the Deployment project to deploy to a Deployment environment, Bamboo will ask you to create a release from the successful Build results ( of the linked Build plan ).

This is automatically taken care by Bamboo ( whereas none of the failed builds of the plan can be deployed ).

I hope my understanding of your questions is correct, If not can you explain your question with a scenario or an example.

Regards,

Shashank Kumar

**please don't forget to Accept the answer if your query was answered**

Nagendra Patel December 7, 2023

hi Shashank,

We have a multi-module project and if we make changes to any particular module, the bamboo build is triggered and it will run tests for all the affected components in the bamboo.

Now if want to deploy a particular component we have to trigger another build for that particular module and from this build, the release is created and deployed.

so, we want to make sure until the parent build is successful bamboo should not create a deployable release for any module.

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
Shashank Kumar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2023

Hello Nagendra,

Thanks for the clarification, I think what you are looking can be done using the below configurations, let me know your view on this

1) You can setup a Deployment trigger for the Deployment environment which will activate once the build for any child module is completed successfully. Here I assume your particular module in a separate plan in Bamboo and the parent Build is another plan in Bamboo, correct my understanding if it's wrong.

image.png
Here The trigger can only be applied the plan which is linked to the Deployment Project ( the one which you want to deploy ), you cannot check the conditions of any other plan here.

2) Now Inside Build plans, you can create a dependency for the main plan and create child plans, which means when the main plan is succesfull build, it'll run the child plans and if it's successful then the deployment trigger would get activated, refer below

image.png
Read more about it at https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/setting-up-plan-build-dependencies-289276887.html

Let me know if this helps

Regards,

Shashank Kumar

**please don't forget to Accept the answer if your query was answered**

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events