Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does OnDemand Bamboo support builds from BitBucket hosted Mercurial repositories

Damian Ryan December 14, 2011

I'm trying out a minimal set of OnDemand services (JIRA, FishEye and Bamboo) as a trial before making recommendations to my employer for a strategic choice on source control hosting, issue tracking, project building and commit tracking.

I am using mercurial as this has already been selected as the strategic VCS solution. I am currently testing with private mercurial repositories hosted on BitBucket.

I can see a way to tie the OnDemand JIRA instance to a BitBucket-hosted mercurial repository but I cannot see any way to do the same with Bamboo - it seems to only allow linkage to a subversion repository.

Have I missed a configuration option somewhere? (I've spent quite a while searching to no avail yet).

Or does the current OnDemand version of Bamboo only support subversion integration?

If this is the case, is there an ETA for mercurial/BitBucket support?

5 answers

1 vote
Damian Ryan December 30, 2011

So, no, and a 12-month wide window for possible roll-out.

Shame, I was looking at a wholly hosted Atlassian ALM stack but this is a deal-breaker.

Cheers,

Damian

2nd Act Innovations January 5, 2012

I agree, this IS a deal breaker for us as well. We just signed up for a trial (as I didn't notice ANYWHERE on the OnDemand trial page the mention ofd your HAVE to use SVN (or github)). I find this strange, as JIRA, etc already support Mercurial...

We will be cancelling our trial until this is resolved... (at least support Git...)

0 votes
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2012

Hello,

You may want to watch the feature request to support/include other repos for updates.

Hope that helps :)

0 votes
chrismott March 2, 2012

Seriously!? This is a major product gap for OnDemand.

0 votes
niklaslind February 7, 2012

We are using gitHub and will continue to do so. Atlassian svn is not an option.

We were planning to go all in on OnDemand Jira+Bamboo+Confluence+....

But not beeing able to build from github is a dealbreaker for us :(

Sorry, will have to terminate my trial licence...

0 votes
James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2011

At the moment Bamboo OnDemand only supports the Subversion repositories hosted on OnDemand. We have plans to open up Bamboo OnDemand to use Bitbucket and Github repositories in the new year.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events