Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did dedicated Bamboo remote agent can run interactive process on Windows machine?

Daniel Gravel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 20, 2016

I have configured a dedicated remote agent to run test on a remote machine.
The test is running under a custom windows application that needs to be started prior to run TCL script from the application TCL interpreter. When running the test the application is started in a hidden window process and seems to work for some test but stopped responding at one point.

When I start it using the same command from a local batch file now the application window is displayed and all the tests work properly.

Is there a way to configure the agent so it runs the application interactively?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark de Bont
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2016

Run the agent from command line instead of a service. This will solve problems where programs are executing using GUI output etc. Let us know how this works out.

I know this is not ideally as you have to manually login/start the agent instead of a service.

Daniel Gravel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 21, 2016

Thanks Mark I have tried this and it works as expected now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events