Did dedicated Bamboo remote agent can run interactive process on Windows machine?

I have configured a dedicated remote agent to run test on a remote machine.
The test is running under a custom windows application that needs to be started prior to run TCL script from the application TCL interpreter. When running the test the application is started in a hidden window process and seems to work for some test but stopped responding at one point.

When I start it using the same command from a local batch file now the application window is displayed and all the tests work properly.

Is there a way to configure the agent so it runs the application interactively?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Run the agent from command line instead of a service. This will solve problems where programs are executing using GUI output etc. Let us know how this works out.

I know this is not ideally as you have to manually login/start the agent instead of a service.

Thanks Mark I have tried this and it works as expected now.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 6 hours ago in Marketplace Apps

The 7 hacks of highly successful automation

...there's anything I've learnt from working, it's that people are lazy! No offense to anyone reading this, but it's true and we can all admit it. The easier you make something for someone, the more...

39 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you