Deleted project name still exists

Louie Penaflor January 2, 2012

I deleted a project and all of it's builds because I wanted to start over because I think some artifacts weren't working correctly. When I go to create a new plan and new project it says that the project name and key are already taken. I checked the bamboo database and they are still there, but there is a flag that says mark_for_deletion and they are both set to true. Is this a bug in Bamboo? Can I force Bamboo to go do a clean of things? I've already tried re-indexing and restarted the Bamboo service. Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Louie Penaflor January 5, 2012

Somehow the database contained a deadlock with my plans. I created a support ticket and they were able to fix my existing database. Yet another great demonstration on how Atlassian stands behind their product and service.

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2012

Is this a recent Bamboo version? It takes a while before all the data is deleted, give it a while. You can also have a look at the log file to check if there are any error logs from DeletionService .

It's a recent bamboo version 3.4.1. It's been about an hour and I think I did see an error from Deletion Service:

Detail: Key (vcs_location_id)=(7077891) is still referenced from table "repository_changeset".

2012-01-03 20:10:16,626 WARN [QuartzScheduler_Worker-1] [JDBCExceptionReporter] SQL Error: 0, SQLState: 23503

2012-01-03 20:10:16,629 ERROR [QuartzScheduler_Worker-1] [JDBCExceptionReporter] Batch entry 0 delete from VCS_LOCATION where VCS_LOCATION_ID='7077891' was aborted. Call getNextException to see the cause.

2012-01-03 20:10:16,629 WARN [QuartzScheduler_Worker-1] [JDBCExceptionReporter] SQL Error: 0, SQLState: 23503

2012-01-03 20:10:16,630 ERROR [QuartzScheduler_Worker-1] [JDBCExceptionReporter] ERROR: update or delete on table "vcs_location" violates foreign key constraint "fk4a5687dd1d68b66c" on table "repository_changeset"

Detail: Key (vcs_location_id)=(7077891) is still referenced from table "repository_changeset".

2012-01-03 20:10:16,630 ERROR [QuartzScheduler_Worker-1] [SessionImpl] Could not synchronize database state with session

2012-01-03 20:10:16,634 ERROR [QuartzScheduler_Worker-1] [DeletionServiceImpl] Unable to complete delayed deletion:

org.springframework.dao.DataIntegrityViolationException: Hibernate operation: Could not execute JDBC batch update; SQL []; Batch entry 0 delete from VCS_LOCATION where VCS_LOCATION_ID='7077891' was aborted. Call getNextException to see the cause.; nested exception is java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Batch entry 0 delete from VCS_LOCATION where VCS_LOCATION_ID='7077891' was aborted. Call getNextException to see the cause.

Caused by: java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Batch entry 0 delete from VCS_LOCATION where VCS_LOCATION_ID='7077891' was aborted. Call getNextException to see the cause.

at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement$BatchResultHandler.handleError(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:2569)

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2012

It's a bug. It has been fixed in 3.4.2.

I just upgraded to 3.4.2 and it has not been fixed. I am getting the same exception in the logs. I'm also still getting

another postgresql error about updating: 2012-01-03 19:02:17,328 WARN [QuartzScheduler_Worker-5] [BuildResultsSummaryHibernateDao] Unexpected exception while executing profiler wrapper

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: update or delete on table "repository_changeset" violates foreign key constraint "fk34a3e6e3cbadfcbd" on table "relevant_changesets"

Detail: Key (repository_changeset_id)=(6815755) is still referenced from table "relevant_changesets".

at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2062)

at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1795)

at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:257)

at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:479)

at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:367)

at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeUpdate(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:321)

at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.NewProxyPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(NewProxyPreparedStatement.java:105)

at

Thanks and I look forward to your reply!

I already have, and they pointed me to this exact thread and that I should "wait" for it to execute. I replied back to them about this thread, and how I upgraded already and I pasted a full stack trace already. Thank you

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
January 2, 2012

Please contact our support, attach your logs from upgrade to 3.4.2 and ask them to flag your issue for developer review.

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
January 2, 2012

Yeah, waiting won't help... You've hit a bug, we'll sort it out, don't worry.

Louie Penaflor January 3, 2012

I'm not worried at all, I've posted the stuff to them and they are already on it. I've had nothing but great service from Atlassian from day 1, and I understand I'm not even close to being your biggest client. I'll update this thread when the issue gets resolved from the ticket.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events