Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Deployment Project

Jong Lee
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 30, 2018

What is the best practice of creating deployment project for projects that are running on AWS EBS? 

We have the build plans configured for our DEV environment which is running on AWS EBS. Everytime we commit our code it produces war file and upload it to AWS S3 bucket, deploys that war file to the DEV environment. Now, we wonder how to promote to QA environment using bamboo deployment project. Anyone has done this before?

1 answer

0 votes
Gabriel Ribeiro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2018

Hi Jong,

Let's see if I understood this correctly, 

1. Repo receives the commit;
  2. Plan get triggered and produce a war file which's shared as an artifact;
  3. This shared artifact is uploaded by Bamboo to an S3 Bucket;
  4. This build plan has a linked Deployment plan responsible for deploying this artifact to the DEV environment;
  5. Every time you have a successful build, the deployment plan will be triggered, a new release will be created and deployed to the DEV environment;

Your question: How can I promote this release to a different environment (QA)?

If the workflow above is correct, why don't you have a second environment in this same deployment project and use Bamboo to promote the release to this second environment?

good resource: Deployment Projecs

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events