Cannot configure SonarQube Bamboo Add-On - Validation Failed

Craig Oliver February 18, 2016

I've downloaded the SonarQube Add-On and configured the settings, however they will not validate.

The configuration screen shows an error sonar4bamboo.admin.server.task.validation.errors, the bamboo log shows:
ERROR [http-bio-8085-exec-35] [SonarTaskConfigUpdater] SONAR4BAMBOO: Failed to validate the updated Sonar Server for task 2

There are no error logs in SonarQube.

I am using Bamboo 5.9.10 and SonarQube 5.3 both are running against an Oracle 12c database.

I have previously successfully used the SonarQube add-on in Bamboo 5.9.7 (running against SQL Server 2012) connecting to the same SonarQube 5.3 instance (on Oracle).  I need to migrate Bamboo off SQL Server and so we upgraded and moved the Bamboo database to Oracle... but now SonarQube won't connect.

So the issue would seem to be either due to the new Bamboo 5.9.10 version, or the new database flavour. However the error logs are not sufficient to diagnose the issue... it doesn't say why the validation failed or what is wrong...  I have triple-checked all entries in the plug-in configuration and had my colleague check them.. all are correct.

Any insights are appreciated.

Edit: I have downgraded Bamboo to 5.9.7 on Oracle 12c and it still occurs. So it would seem this is an incompatibility between the Sonar Bamboo add-on and Oracle 12c.  I realise Atlassian does not (yet) support Bamboo on Oracle 12c however Bamboo runs ok on Oracle 12c without any issues. SonarQube also runs on Oracle 12c without issues. But the Sonar add-on appears to be broken in this environment.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mibex_Software
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2016

Hi,

It is hard to tell what caused the validation to fail without a stack trace. But if this error only occurs when you save the plug-ins administration settings (SonarQube server settings) but not if you save the tasks settings (or if you run tasks), then I think it is worth to try our newest version of the plug-in which does not need to update the settings in all tasks when the SonarQube server configuration changes. If you create a bug report at https://mibexsoftware.atlassian.net/browse/SONARBOO, I can attach a snapshot of the newest version (which will be released in the next couple of days) to the bug report. Please let me know.

Cheers,

Michael

Craig Oliver February 28, 2016

This issue has been resolved after upgrading to add-on version 1.3.0. Thanks Micheal.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events