Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use ssh-task in bamboo yaml spec?

Venkatesh Nannan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 11, 2019

We are trying to move our deployment plans to bamboo yml spec as it was released in 6.9 version. 

We are not able to find any documentation related to ssh-tasks that we used to login to different environments and deploy. Is that task available in bamboo yaml spec?

1 answer

2 votes
Victor Debone
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2019

Hello @Venkatesh Nannan welcome to the community :)

It's great to hear that you and your team are moving to Bamboo Specs YAML!

If you want to execute a command through SSH, you will need to write it using a script task. Here is a tutorial with an example on how to do it.

Specific for the SSH Tasks, there is no explicit task to be used, I have added a suggestion for you https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-20477.

Did it help?

jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2020

Hello @Victor Debone 

This doesn't help when you have to provide the password. correct?

I have my bamboo running as bamboo user. My ssh task needs to be run using some service account.

When I create a script task it will let bamboo user ssh as service account and fail. Any idea how to fix this? 

I cannot have users with access to bamboo use this service account.

How to achieve this in a best way?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events