Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use gadgets in Bamboo?

Kevin Loveland January 10, 2012

I am confused on the uses of gadgets. Can I use gadgets in Bamboo or are the only for use in Jira and Confluence?

What I would like to do is configure the information tabs for a build (i.e., Clover, Sonar) to display the gadgets that I find relavent for my environment. Is this possible? It seems that gadgets I've enabled for Bamboo may be for the use of other Atlassian products (e.g., Confluence, Jira) rather than Bamboo itself.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2012

You can run Bamboo gadgets (and any other Atlassian gadget) in OpenSocial containers. See here for documentation.

The list of available gadget URLs is shown when you access Administration/Available Gadgets page on your Bamboo instance.

You can also write your own custom gadgets as plugins.

Kevin Loveland January 17, 2012

This allows Bamboo gadgets to run in an OpenSocial container, but Bamboo is not an OpenSocial container like Jira and Confluence. Is there anyway to configure Bamboo to be an OpenSocial container or co-exist with an OpenSocial container?

Jens Schumacher [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2012

You are right Kevin. Since Bamboo is not an OpenSocial container, you can not run Gadgets within Bamboo.

0 votes
Jeff Kirby
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2012

Bamboo supports Google OpenSocial gadgets as of Bamboo 2.3

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events