Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo triggers deployment without trigger set in the deployment plan?

SuyambuGanesh T
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 18, 2015

I am using Bamboo 5.6.2.

The steps I followed,

1. Setup trigger in deployment plan to start the deployment once the release build plan is success
  2. Did a release and the released package was deployed by the deployment plan.
  3. Removed the trigger in deployment plan to disable the auto deployment
  4. Did a release build and still the deployment plan triggered automatically once the build was success, which is strange.

2 answers

0 votes
Gretchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2015

Make sure you saved your change (removing the trigger).  Recently Atlassian changed the way bamboo "saves" things.  (specifically variables) and I often find myself disabling things, and then forgetting to scroll to the bottom of the page to save the changes.  Surprise, it didn't change if it didn't get saved...(grumbles...)  This may not be what you're experiencing but it may be worth checking.

0 votes
Ron Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2015

That sounds frustrating. Try restarting Bamboo which may surprisingly fix it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events