Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo: set same deployment environment for a set of plan branches

Javier Mesa
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 26, 2018

This my scenario:

I provide a service which is composed by 7 apps. Each one of these apps is stored in one Git repository. When I develop a new feature for my "service" it means that I have to create a develop branch in each repository.

As Bamboo is designed, I had to create 7 Build plans. When I create a new feature, one "develop" branch is created in each repository and, also, its corresponding plan branch in each bamboo build plan. So far so good.

The problem comes in Bamboo when deployment environments are involved. I want to select a TEST environment for this new set of branches. As bamboo is designed, I have to go by each of the Deployment project one by one and

1. click on the (test) environment that I want to use for this project
  2. go to the triggers that activate the deployment in this environment
  3. select the precise plan branch that will be deployed

this is too tedious for me, so my question (and conclusion of this) is:

Am I missing something/some other way of achieving this (this = a better or more automatic way of assigning the same deployment environment for a set of deployment projects)?

1 answer

0 votes
Gabriel Ribeiro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2018

Hi Javier,

You're not missing anything, this is the standard process to follow if you want to deploy results from a specific branch.

If you're running one of the latest Bamboo versions, it might be a good idea start thinking on managing your plans/deployments using Bamboo Java Specs, this will allow you to manage not only this but all other aspects from your CI/CD workflow.

cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events