Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo out of disk space, high inode usage

Jose Pacheco May 7, 2014

We have a Bamboo instance that keeps saying it is out of disk space. A df shows there is still plenty of space left on the partition. I believe what is going on is Bamboo writes a lot of files to disk for each build (depending on the project size of course) and we are running out of inodes. A "df -i" shows that indeed the partition where bamboo home is located is out of inodes and thus Bamboo can't write anything else to disk. Anyone run into this issue?

I'm aware of the expiry setting in Bamboo and I have this set to a pretty low number http://blogs.atlassian.com/2012/06/bamboo-build-artifact-log-expiry/

Bamboo: 5.4.2

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jose Pacheco June 3, 2014

Hi Felipe,

Thank you for the response. It turns out that the partition bamboo home was sitting on was dynamically resized using a VMware product. I'm suspecting this was the reason the inode count was low compared to the increase in disk space. My understanding is that the inode count can only be set during disk formatting and never be changed after the fact, so I'm guessing the resize using the VMware product doesn't dynamically add any more inodes. I wasn't able to verify this from online sources but that's what I'm guessing was the case.

To resolve the issue, we created a new partition, moved xml-data to the new partition. Then we simply softlink'd it to the old home location.

0 votes
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2014

Hi Jose,

Can you navigate to the Miscellaneous tab of your job configurations and check the option Clean working directory after each build. This will clear the local copy of the repository available at /path/to/bamboo-home/xml-data/build-dir before each build. Please note that this may increase the time taken to run a build but will save space.

Kind regards,
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events