Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo not connecting to mapped drive

Mark Beynon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 16, 2018

Hi,

I have a Bamboo inline script that does not connect to the the mapped X drive and gives the error;

16-Jul-2018 15:30:080 File(s) copied
16-Jul-2018 15:30:08Invalid drive specification

The script;

@echo on
set copycmd=/Y
echo working dir ${bamboo.build.working.directory}

echo copying the release from centos to release folder

xcopy /s /i /y X:\cdk.pl ${bamboo.build.working.directory}\releases\64Bit

rem xcopy /s /i /y ${bamboo.build.working.directory}\releases\64Bit\cdk.pl %SdriveHF2%\64bit

The drive is mapped correctly on the host machine and the xcopy command works from the command line using xcopy.

The mapping is to a unix box. This used to work but I suspect a recent upgrade to Bamboo has broken things.

Bamboo version information

Version 5.15.5

Build number 51518

Build date 3/28/17

Many thanks,

Mark.

1 answer

0 votes
Gabriel Ribeiro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2018

Hi Mark,

I'm not sure if the upgrade itself is responsible for the issue you're seeing. Script tasks are external processes and Bamboo has no control over what is happening there.

What could possibly be happening in your case is that the user you're using to start the Bamboo service doesn't have the X: drive mapped, since the script will run using this same user, the xcopy command will fail.

Based on the description you provided, I'm assuming you're running Bamboo on a Windows machine so, you can try to start the service with a local user and make sure the X drive will be available for this specific user during the build execution. You will find the instructions on how to change the user used to start Bamboo in the documentation below:

let us know the result.

thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events