Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo : how to allow manual jobs/stages selections when running a plan

Hussain Misbah August 10, 2015

Hello everyone,

I need some help, I am trying to create a plan and be able to use custom run to select only the jobs or stages that I want to run, currently with Bamboo 5.7.2, the stages need to be sequential , this means when I select stage 5, all previous stages will be automatically select . I can not for example select to run stage 1 and stage 3 but not stage 2.

with a custom run, I like how manual stages are displayed in check boxes list to allow the user to select what  stages to run, but unfortunately the way it is does not allow me to freely deselect a stage in the middle.

plan variables seems like one option but they are not displayed nicely as the stages,

in a custom run, all stages will be displayed in checklist box.

but variables will need to be added manually using a drop down list and then a value need to be passed.

can any one help me ? is there a different way to implement what I need ?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2015

What you're running into is per design. Bamboo's stages are sequential so you can't run things out of order. If you're wanting to do something out of order you'll probably want to break the build into multiple builds (and use a deployment project at the very end).

0 votes
Hussain Misbah August 10, 2015

Thanks Daniel for your suggestion ,  I thought of this solution  but it is not efficient or friendly in my case  because I will have to create over 20 deployments plans. and every time I will need to run them one by one.

I don't know if there is away to hack this forced sequential stages.

but I will start looking at developing custom plugins , this does not look like a simple task but I need a good solution .

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events