Bamboo homepage shows projects before login required

Sorry if this is obvious but we are setting up the Atlassian tool suite for our company. We are hosting the tools ourselves. Jira, Confluence, et. al. all show a simple page with a login required before anything else is seen. Bamboo, however, displays our project dashboard and you can, in fact see test plans, failures, etc. all without logging in. I'm working with the person who did the initial setup but thought I'd ask if there is some obvious thing we missed on setup or is Bamboo really suppose to work this way?

1 answer

1 accepted

Like most of the other application, you can choose to display a view only to anonymous users; personally, we allow it. To check/enable/disable it, go to Bamboo Administration and under Security select Global permissions. You should see an Other category that shows "Anonymous users". View/read only in Bamboo is called Access which should be the only option Anonymous users even can have.

You can also set permissions on a plan-by-plan basis by going into the Plan configuration and looking under the Permissions tab.

Thanks much, that fixed it!!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,062 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot