Bamboo deployment: manual tasks/stages (like build process)

Artsiom Shymanouski November 11, 2015

When I set up the building process I can create manual steps/stages. Can I do the same when I set up the deployment process?
I want to create three stages of deployment: enable maintenance page, deployment, disable maintenance page.
Is it possible?

4 answers

1 vote
David Mills October 17, 2017

We have created a fairly comprehensive set of groovy scripts to manage our environments, builds and deploys.  One of the classes groups that can be called from any deploy sequence is a "Wait For" class hierarchy.  The condition being waited for can be almost anything - e.g. we have implementations of the Abstract class that wait for:

• an SQL query to return a certain value
  • a file to exist in the file system
  • a file to cease to exist in the file system
  • a file of a certain name pattern to be created with a creation date greater than another named file (based on the Unix "find . -newer some-file -name \*some-pattern\*")
  • etc.

These are very useful.  They allow:

• co-ordination of deploys from different Bamboo Projects (Bamboo triggers only work from builds or other deploys in the same project)
  • people to perform manual steps and then touch a nominated file to cause the triggering of the wait for condition for that file to exist
  • etc.

We are able to specify:

• the gap between re-checks for the condition to be met
  • the timeout to return a timeout error rather than continue waiting - a 0 timeout setting means no timeout will occur
1 vote
Cristiano Mariano
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2015

We really need this feature! The lack of manual tasks in Deployment Plans seems to be a showstopper for us.

0 votes
Artsiom Shymanouski November 12, 2015

Thanks for the answer. But I need run this task manual:
1) manual run Bamboo stage: enable maintenance page;
2) then I check maintenance page on all servers;
3) manual run Bamboo stage: run deploy;
4) then I check successful deployment on all servers;
5) manual run Bamboo stage : disable maintenance page.

I can do it in build menu, but i must do it in deployment.

My build menu:

image2015-11-13 9:42:14.png

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2015

There are no stages for deployment projects. But you can do this in tasks, right? Tasks are executed sequentially. It won't do grouping but atleast you have a logical ordering.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events