Bamboo deployment: manual tasks/stages (like build process)

When I set up the building process I can create manual steps/stages. Can I do the same when I set up the deployment process?
I want to create three stages of deployment: enable maintenance page, deployment, disable maintenance page.
Is it possible?

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

We have created a fairly comprehensive set of groovy scripts to manage our environments, builds and deploys.  One of the classes groups that can be called from any deploy sequence is a "Wait For" class hierarchy.  The condition being waited for can be almost anything - e.g. we have implementations of the Abstract class that wait for:

• an SQL query to return a certain value
  • a file to exist in the file system
  • a file to cease to exist in the file system
  • a file of a certain name pattern to be created with a creation date greater than another named file (based on the Unix "find . -newer some-file -name \*some-pattern\*")
  • etc.

These are very useful.  They allow:

• co-ordination of deploys from different Bamboo Projects (Bamboo triggers only work from builds or other deploys in the same project)
  • people to perform manual steps and then touch a nominated file to cause the triggering of the wait for condition for that file to exist
  • etc.

We are able to specify:

• the gap between re-checks for the condition to be met
  • the timeout to return a timeout error rather than continue waiting - a 0 timeout setting means no timeout will occur

There are no stages for deployment projects. But you can do this in tasks, right? Tasks are executed sequentially. It won't do grouping but atleast you have a logical ordering.

Thanks for the answer. But I need run this task manual:
1) manual run Bamboo stage: enable maintenance page;
2) then I check maintenance page on all servers;
3) manual run Bamboo stage: run deploy;
4) then I check successful deployment on all servers;
5) manual run Bamboo stage : disable maintenance page.

I can do it in build menu, but i must do it in deployment.

My build menu:

image2015-11-13 9:42:14.png

Cristiano Oliveira Community Champion Dec 11, 2015

We really need this feature! The lack of manual tasks in Deployment Plans seems to be a showstopper for us.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

64 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you