Bamboo build plan enable maven profile @ night

I have Bamboo 5.7.2 build 5716 plan that runs a Maven 3.x task `clean deploy`

Nightly I'd like to be able to trigger a Maven profile `clean deploy -Pmyprofile`. However I'd only like to do this nightly say 12am.

All other builds should run `clean deploy`

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Bamboo Command Line Interface (CLI) has a queueBuild action that lets you set variables for the build. Make the -Pmyprofile a bamboo variable normally that defaults to blank. Use the Bamboo task from Run CLI Actions in Bamboo to schedule the queuing of the build at 12am.

Is is possible to run this within the same Plan as my exists build that runs every commit? Task 1 will have my normal build that runs on every commit and Task 2 will run my queueBuild to only runs @ 12am? Or would your approach require a separate Bamboo Plan?

Separate build that just runs the queueBuild with the special parameter setting.

But I was hoping for Cron based Scheduling at the Bamboo Task level i.e My build will trigger on every commit. But 1 Maven Task in that build should be skipped and only scheduled to run to @ 12am Or alternatively, Cron based Scheduling at the Bamboo Stage level i.e. Stage 1 is triggered to run on every commit while Stage 2 is triggered to run based on cron. I guess this is not possible?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted 12 hours ago in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

39 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you