Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo and Stash application link requires Trusted Application, builds work, updates to stash don't

ElyseG July 17, 2015

I'm setting up Bamboo and Stash on a single Windows server with IIS proxying so that the urls look like http://<servername>/stash and http://<servername>/bamboo

User authentication is from AD via Crowd.

When I try to create the Application link from Bamboo, it fails to create the reciprocal link and the pop-up just says ACT. 

When I try to create the Application link from Stash, it works (and successfully creates the reciprocal link), but Bamboo can't see the repositories until Trusted Application is turned on.

Builds complete but report a '"401 Unauthorized" received while attempting to store build status against Stash instance' error

I suspect the 401 is related to the ACT failure to create reciprocal links if the link creation starts from Bamboo. The page on troubleshooting links is not very helpful because it does not provide hints for getting from symptoms to which layers are likely to be a problem.

3 answers

0 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 5, 2015

Hello Elyse, please create request at support.atlassian.com, our Support team will help you

0 votes
ElyseG August 4, 2015

Upgraded Stash and Bamboo to latest versions (Crowd had no later available). Behavior continues. Bamboo linked repositories only access Stash when Trusted application links are configured. Bamboo attempt to notify Stash of builds fails with 401 with Trusted application with any (or none) of OAuth and Base.

0 votes
ElyseG July 31, 2015

Eventually got the links to connect even with link creation from Bamboo. However, the 401 still happens. Nothing shows up in the stash logs at all. Bamboo just records the fact that it received 401s from Stash. 401 - 21 "-" "Atlassian-VS-Connector" 172.16.10.160 [31/Jul/2015:12:09:09 -0700] "GET /bamboo/api/rest/login.action?os_authType=basic HTTP/1.1" 401 1073 27 "-" "Atlassian-VS-Connector"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events