Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo YAML use a plugin like Bamboo Maven POM Value Extractor

Mathias Gebbe
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 2, 2018

Hi all!

I am very excited to test the new bamboo.yml feature and I am already able to use maven and build our docker containers

but I need a plugin or script to extract pom values for the deployment (in my case $bamboo_maven_version)

any ideas to to achieve that?

thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2018

In terms of plugins, you might want to check out David Ehringer's excellent Maven POM Value Extractor, which "Extracts values from Maven POMs and keep your Bamboo variables in sync with your Maven POM", thus precisely addresses your requirements!

Given the latest version is from 2016, it cannot have built-in Bamboo Specs (Java) yet, which can be worked around with the AnyTask class, as outlined in Configuring unsupported tasks.

That being said, Bamboo Specs (YAML) does not yet support tasks and is mostly script focused as of today. You need to resort to a script based approach for variable extraction from Maven's XML based POM accordingly. I do not have a solution handy, but depending on your script environment, there should be several options to extract the value (possibly via XPath/XSLT), for example:

PowerShell

Bash

Mathias Gebbe
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 2, 2018

Thank you! Yes I already use the plugin. But am I able to use it out of the "new" Bamboo YAML specs

https://docs.atlassian.com/bamboo-specs-docs/6.3.0/specs-yaml.html

example:

---
project:
  key: DRAGON
  plan:
    key: SLAYER
    name: Dragon Slayer Quest
stages:
  - jobs:
      - scripts:
          - M2_HOME=${bamboo_capability_system_builder_mvn3_Maven_3}
          - ${bamboo_capability_system_builder_mvn3_Maven_3}/bin/mvn clean install
        requirements:
            - system.builder.mvn3.Maven 3
            - linux
        artifacts:
          - name: library
            path: target/*.jar
        testParsers:
          - junit

Grzegorz Lewandowski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 2, 2018

Bamboo YAML Specs allow only for using plain scripts. You can't use any task builders. 

I think the only way who to achieve what you want is to run "grep" and get the values you need. 

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2018

Thanks for the clarification @Mathias Gebbe, I've misread your question indeed. As Grzegorz already pointed out, other than Bamboo Specs (Java), Bamboo Specs (YAML) do not yet support tasks - given Maven's POM is XML based, I've updated my answer with a few pointers how you might achieve this via Xpath/XSLT.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events