Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo VSTest Runner remote agent capabilities

tkus July 3, 2019

I have VSTest tools installed on my remote agent. When using VSTest Runner task I got an error "No agents meet this job's requirements". I know that I can define agent capabilities in bamboo-capabilities.properties file in agen't bin folder. For MSBuild it looks like:

system.builder.msbuild.MSBuild=C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio\\2019\\BuildTools\\MSBuild\\Current\\Bin\\MSBuild.exe

What is the expected syntax for VSTest Runner ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2019

Hi @tkus

Thinking on this problem and knowing the limation we have to maintain the document with all the possible capabilities, I just wrote this article that might help moving forward.

Can you check it and see if this will help you?
Any suggestions to improve it are very welcome.

This is the one: How to configure remote agent capabilities using bamboo-capabilities.properties

I'll wait for your feedback.

tkus July 8, 2019

Hi @Daniel Santos 

thank you for a nice article. Unfortunately it doesn't work in my case because I don't have admin rights on a bamboo server (this is due to my company security policy) so I can't view / add / remove agent capabilities.

I only have a full access to the remote agent. Is there any way to obtain the capability name from remote agent side ?

Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2019
I only have a full access to the remote agent. Is there any way to obtain the capability name from remote agent side ?

Not that I'm aware of. 

The one you need now is the VSTest Runner, right?

The configuration for this one is the example used in that article.

system.builder.vstestconsole.VSTestRunner=<PATH>

Is there any other you need me to check for you?

tkus July 8, 2019

Thanks a lot.

Like Daniel Santos likes this
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
July 8, 2019

You are welcome!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events