Bamboo SCP - is it possible just to copy changed files?

Pier February 21, 2013

I'm using Bamboo and the SCP plugin to copy our web application to testing and production servers.

I'm wondering is it possible to have bamboo ONLY copy files that have been changed since the last deployment.

We previously used DeployHQ for this and this feature was available.

Thanks,

Peter

5 answers

1 vote
Christopher Callis June 25, 2013

Anyone have any idea with this? I also need to grab the latest files from the last repo update! Bamboo definintly has a record of the files, its just getting that listing.

1 vote
Dmitry Pasichnik March 11, 2013

I also look for the solution but didn't find anything. I need to deploy (SCP) files that has been changed since last git commit. I think this possibility must be a default option in SCP,FTP tasks. Can anybody from Atlassian give a ready to use example of it?

1 vote
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2013

You can set a task using a script that make the desired action. Please take a look on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Script.

Lucas Lima

0 votes
Rajath Veeramanchala September 12, 2018

Use this option to see only the files changed in the previous commit :

git diff --name-only HEAD HEAD^1

and you can create and archive of changed files using the below command :

git archive --output=latest_artifact.zip HEAD $(git diff --name-only HEAD HEAD^1) 

To make sure this runs correctly, You have to do the following :

1. Make sure your merge strategy is Merge commit - Usually makes a merge commit every time resulting in your latest commit having changes of all the commits from source branch to target branch

2. Disable Automatic merging under Branching model - Merging master to dev automatically

3. Run the command in script task after your source code checkout task

The only problem with the merge strategy being merge commit is that it will create a large commit history and with Automatic merging it can further mess up the commit history. Also you can`t have any .zip files in your repo and in bamboo you can create an artifact of the *.zip file and then use deployment project / SCP task to copy the zip file to server. 

Hope this helps. The version is 5.12 when I`m writing this answer.

0 votes
Nuno July 27, 2016

This thread is quite old, has anything changed?

The only way to copy just the changed files is with the script??

My source code is around 500Mb (code + assets) i can't upload the entire source if I just changed a few files and the script solution doesn't feel right, bamboo should have this out of the box.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events