Bamboo SCP - is it possible just to copy changed files?

I'm using Bamboo and the SCP plugin to copy our web application to testing and production servers.

I'm wondering is it possible to have bamboo ONLY copy files that have been changed since the last deployment.

We previously used DeployHQ for this and this feature was available.

Thanks,

Peter

4 answers

You can set a task using a script that make the desired action. Please take a look on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Script.

Lucas Lima

I also look for the solution but didn't find anything. I need to deploy (SCP) files that has been changed since last git commit. I think this possibility must be a default option in SCP,FTP tasks. Can anybody from Atlassian give a ready to use example of it?

Anyone have any idea with this? I also need to grab the latest files from the last repo update! Bamboo definintly has a record of the files, its just getting that listing.

This thread is quite old, has anything changed?

The only way to copy just the changed files is with the script??

My source code is around 500Mb (code + assets) i can't upload the entire source if I just changed a few files and the script solution doesn't feel right, bamboo should have this out of the box.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,064 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot