Bamboo Job setup advice

I curently have a bamboo plan with stages setup like so

1. build and test
  2. deploy snapshot
  3. deploy to dev(manual)
  4. deploy to qa(manual)
  5. deplo to prod(manual)

How can I setup the job so only certain users who have permission are allowed to deploy to dev, deploy to qa and deploy to prod.. Also I need it so each previous stage must be performed before the next.

If stages had permissions then this would be easy but that is still under development. Can I make it so stages 3,4,5 are also plans and that the are parent plans that must succeed before hand? is there a plugin that can take a password to allow execution?

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Rafeal,

Yes you are right the stage permission is not yet implemented and I can see you have already commented on the open feature request at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-9613

I can say that it is logical to create a plan for 3,4,5 that depends on the first plan but still there is an issue of having a condition to decide whether the user can trigger a build or not. I believe this could be possible with a task plugin that can be made a final that can check conditions before triggering a plan

Thanks for your fast response. I think that answers my question. Though do you know of a task plugin that can help me out here or will I need to write one? I have not been able to find anything my self.

I actually couldn`t find a plugin in our market place tht could do that leaving you with an option to develop your own task plugin

thanks for your help again. I'll look into making my own plugin.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,069 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot