Bamboo - Is MS Lync supported for IM Integration?

We are trying out Bamboo in our company as a trial. We already use Confluence, JIRA and GreenHopper. Currently w are using Hudson for CI and would like to move to Bamboo if it allows us to do IM integration with Microsoft Lync. We recently moved to Lync for our corporate IM mesaaging.

The idea is we have dedicated Lync IM account which we plug in with Bamboo and CI and that send instant IM messages to all interested parties working in a Agile team.

I was able to test it with Gtalk and it worked a treat.

However when I tried to connect to Internal MS Lync connect server it cannot locate it. I have checked and there is no Firewall. I am using a uvalid Lync username. Not using a password as it uses TLS for authentication. Any idea which port we should try to connect?

Anyone who has sucessfully connected to Lync please advice,.

Moreover is MS Lync at all supported by Bamboo? Didn't find any documentation on it.

Thanks

Soumya

2 answers

0 vote

Do you have XMPP gateway enabled on your Lync Server?

Is the gateway port reachable from Bamboo? Are you able to set up a sniffer on Lync to see if there's anything going to that port from Bamboo Server?

Dosnt look like it's supported yet.

see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-13385

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,817 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you